New families move into Lee County throughout the academic year. Regardless of when a child enters the school district, the process of getting that child registered remains the same.
All new enrollees in the School District of Lee County must register at one of the two Parent Information Centers (2266 Second Street, Ft. Myers) or (360 Santa Barbara Blvd. North, Cape Coral).
To make the process easier, it makes sense to be prepared. If possible, parents should visit the School District’s website and tour the Student Assignment/Enrollment area. Here parents will find all of the forms necessary for registration. By downloading and completing these forms prior to arriving at the Student Assignment office, parents will move through the process more rapidly. Among the required documents for those transferring from another school are the Student Registration form and the School Records Release form.
Documents that are required fro registration include:
- Original birth certificate for each child being enrolled, or a copy faxed from the previous school to the Student Assignment office.
- Social Security card )if available)
- Florida Certificate of Immunization (original blue card)
- Proof of Residence (a complete list of acceptable forms of proof is found on the website)
- Proof of custody (if the child is not living with both natural parents)
- Name and address of last school attended. Copy of IEP (if your child is an Exceptional Student Education program).
parents must have ALL of the required in hand when visiting the Parent Information Center, so it pays to prepare.
If possible, parents should know their zone and the school options that are available to them. make the time to visit the schools in your zone, so that your choices are well informed.
For addition information call the Parent Information Centers at 230-337-8727.